Re: Xine vs. GStreamer

On 10/16/06, Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se> wrote:
On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 07:59 +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> There's been much improvement in GStreamer and I'm wondering if it has
> reached the level of maturity of Xine (stability, media format
> support). What is the list of shortcomings?

I actually prefer GStreamer over Xine. At least for the backend in
Totem.

The only really big missing feature I'm aware of is the fact that
navigation of DVD menus have not been ported from the 0.8.x series to
0.10.x in GStreamer.

I'm also waiting for a couple of bugs/features to be added to
gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg, playback of Flash Video and WMV9.

Thanks. It's painful to think that these features are most probably
not going to make it for Etch.