Re: System maintenance

On 10/15/06 21:03, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 09:47:01PM -0400, dtutty@porchlight.ca wrote:
Personally, I always use aptitude so I can see what it wants to do
before it does it.

As do I.  But personally, I'd rather that the 200MB X update and OOo
update be downloaded at 3 AM, when I am (hopefully asleep).  That is the
beauty of cron-apt, that it downloads everything for you at a convenient
time.

What's the difference between cron-apt and creating a root cron job to do:
0 3 * * *   apt-get update && apt-get -y -d upgrade

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Is "common sense" really valid?