Re: how to play .wmv files on Debian..???

On Sun, 2006-10-15 at 06:47 -0700, Brad Brock wrote:
> I have several movie files from my previous operating
> system (Windows). I want to play those files on
> Debian. What package should I install?

Hi,

If those are WMV8/9 I think ffmpeg (use ffplay) in unstable can play
these. Xine uses ffmpeg, so it could work, but I'm not sure if the
unstable packages have been updated yet.

Optionally, install ffmpeg or MPlayer from this repository:
http://www.debian-multimedia.org/

gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg isn't updated with WMV support, so Gstreamer based
players can't play these formats yet.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson