Re: Microphone not working with Intel 82801G / Board D945GTP

hi,

I run sid at home and I haven't been able to use the microphone.
Alsa mixer only allows me to pick either Mic, Front Mic or Line,
but I don't see the volume level of the Mic. Gnome's sound recorder
doesn't allow me to select a device to record from. It shows no
devices.

I've searched the web and I didn't find useful information

What should I read or try?
i guess you have to wait (for better support of this model and new drivers). many people have the same problem (i think google with 'intel hda microphone problem' will find at least some 'relevant' posts). i guess it's revision dependent. intel hda mic in my notebook doesn't work, intel hda mic in my current dell workstation works fine... don't know how to solve this, though...

regards,
lubos

--
Lubos _@_"