Re: Palm sync gone again

Hi,

version 2.6.17 of the kernel introduced quite a lot of issues with the serial ports (USB and legacy, I imagine the 'serial' subsystem has been rewritten), and not all have been solved with 2.6.18. Personally, I have rolled-back to 2.6.16 because of issues with my Palm (on legacy serial i.e. /dev/ttyS0).

Eric

Carl Fink wrote:
Today I discovered that I (again) can't sync my Tungsten T3 with my Etch
system.  All the right rules appear to be in /etc/udev.  Anyone else seeing
this?

As in my several-years-ago posting to this list, the /dev/ttyUSB* devices
just aren't created when the Palm device is detected by udev.