Re: Two questions about boot scripts

Hello
create the script in /etc/init.d/
lets say its named myscript
make it executable
then do /usr/sbin/update-rc.d myscript defaults
that will create a sym link in all the run levels
Derek

On 10/13/06, cothrige <cothrige@bellsouth.net> wrote:
I don't particularly like gdm and so I made the script in init.d
nonexecutable.  I feel, though, this was likely the wrong way.  What
is the right way to do it?  The whole Debian bootscript system is
somewhat intimidating to a Slackware user, and so I am hesitant to go
in there willy-nilly.

Also, where would I be best advised to add something to start esd, as
in '/usr/bin/esd -nobeeps'?  Is there a config file which will be seen
and read during boot?

Many thanks for any help,

Patrick