Printing the date just before execution of commands in bash

Hi all.  I'm wondering if anyone knows how I might be able to execute
the same command just before the execution of a command issued at the
prompt of a bash shell.

Currently, I have my bash prompt set up so that it displays the current
date.  If I can print the date just before each command is executed, I
can always be able to get a sense of how long each command has taken.

Anyone has any idea how I might go about printing the date just before
the execution of each bash command?  I just don't know where I would
start.  Thanks for any help.

--
Sincerely
Jose Alburquerque