Non-interactive apt-get?

Hey Folks!

I'm in the process of rolling out a rather large grid of Linux nodes,
many of which are Debian.  I'm having some difficulties in automating
certain aspects of my Debian roll-outs, and I'm hoping you can provide
some insight.

The issue in brief: I'm trying to fully automate apt-get.  I have a
detailed procedure as to what packages are put in place, and
configurations are copied over in an automated way.  I want to
normalize the pkgs installed on these machines via apt-get, in a
non-interactive way.  For example, I've been using something like:

apt-get -y -q=2 --force-yes install <pkg>

This works alright, but still requires user interaction for a few
packages.  How does one go about forcing, without exception, apt-get to
proceed without human input?

Thanks so much for your help!

Regards,
John Quigley