'stty sane' in insane

Hi

In my script, I always use 'stty sane' to set my tty to a sane stage, after
temporally changing any tty attributes.

But for recent month or two, my BS key often stop working, only today did I
finally track it down to the 'stty sane' statement:

 $ stty sane

 $ asdsf^H^H^H

I.e., my BS key is producing ^H instead of erasing previous letter afterward.

So what should I do? I still like to use 'stty sane' to reset my tty, and I
still want my BS key to be configured as ^H, instead of something else.

Can I have both?

thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)