custom linux kernel in debian sarge

Hello,

I have a ABIT UL8 motherboart (uli M1689 chipset)and 2 SATA hard disk. I like install the debian sarge in this machine on the SATA hard drive. But the running the installer not recognize the hard drive, it say not disk in this machine whereof install the system. I detect in the kernel 2.6.8 not in the uli chipset driver. I think i make a new install disk for my custom kernel 2.6.11 because in this kernel include this driver. My question that how to make a new install disk. I change the boot kernel image in the boot image?

Regards
Richard