Re: permissions

On (10/10/06 13:32), Andrew Critchlow wrote:
> Thats brilliant! thanks for that, do you know of any view cmds to show
> the group membership?

Answered in another email.  When I started using Linux I got the Linux
Desk Reference by Scott Hawkins; it's a great reference for commands
and syntax.

Another tip is to use 'apropos' when you're not sure what you're looking
for...

$clive@Darius:~$ apropos group
addgroup (8)         - add a user or group to the system
adduser (8)          - add a user or group to the system
adduser.conf (5)     - configuration file for adduser(8) and addgroup(8)
.
chgpasswd (8)        - update group passwords in batch mode
chgrp (1)            - change group ownership
chown (1)            - change file owner and group
cpgr (8)             - copy with locking the given file to the password
or group file
cppw (8)             - copy with locking the given file to the password
or group file
delgroup (8)         - remove a user or group from the system
deluser (8)          - remove a user or group from the system
deluser.conf (5)     - configuration file for deluser(8) and delgroup(8)
.
gpasswd (1)          - administer the /etc/group file
group (5)            - user group file
groupadd (8)         - create a new group

<snip>

Regards

Clive

--