Re: Rss solution

Sami FANTAR <sfantar@laposte.net> writes:

> Chris Bannister a écrit :
>> On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 09:10:17PM +0200, T wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I'm currently view rss feeds by thunderbird, but I'm wondering if there is
>>> better solutions out there, because thunderbird can't
>>>
>>> - auto/manual rss feed updates
>>> - able to handle/filter duplicates
>>>
>>> All in all, please recommend a total rss update/reading solution.
>>
>> rawdog?
>>

> There is an extension for Firefox named Sage which can match what you
> are looking for.

"liferea" - Linux Feed Reader works well for me.

But go to www.debian.org and search the Debian packages for "reader",
"aggregator", "feed", "rss", "xml", etc., or search with Google.  There
are many readers and aggregators from which to choose.

For podcasting, hpodder works admirably, and can be run from cron.

RLH