Re: problems with CD-Writer

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 07:00:05AM -0700, Brad Brock wrote:
> I've just installed a CD-Writer to my computer. I want
> to burn an ISO image, but I have problems with
> cdrecord. Can anybody show me how to use cdrecord
> properly since cdrecord doesn't seem recognize my
> CD-Writer? (It fails when I use -scanbus option).

Some information about your configuration and the error output would be
most helpful.  Basically, what kind of drive is it?  What device is seen
as (hda, hdb, etc)?  What does the computer say when you boot up about
the drive (you can check the output of dmesg for this)?  Exactly what
error messages does cdrecord give?  What command line are you using to
burn the disc?

Regards,

-Roberto
--