Re: Is shorewall abandoned in sid?

On Thursday 05 October 2006 14:37, Pollywog wrote:
> On Thursday 05 October 2006 18:31, Pollywog wrote:
> > >
> > > I run pretty much pure Sarge with a few choice backports and then
> > > shorewall 3.0.7, so I know what you mean.  Your help would be
> > > appreciated.
> >
> > Is ipset available as a Debian package or in a Debian package.
> > Apparently it is needed for some of the functionality of Shorewall.
>
> Nevermind
>
> I used the source from Sid and compiled it, even in Sarge.

<joking>
Compiled!?  I didn't know we could compile shell scripts.  Does it compile
them to machine code or some other intermediate form?
</joking>

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111