Re: set domain name

"Kenneth Grande" <kenneth@aspit.no> wrote:

> I think he means that his resolv.conf gets overwritten by the information
> provided by the dhcp server as discussed here (with solution):

OP:
[...] could this be because there is a dhcp server running [...]

It is not very clear were this server is running, I just assumed on the
same box. The other possibility is covered in:

"AFAIK it gets changed if you receive your IP over DHCP."

For a newbie, the dhcp provided dns servers should be correct,
especially if they come from an ISP, so there would be no need to
override them.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)