RE: C manual

I'm not near my machine at the moment, I will check the exact packages later,
but under linux you have 3 options

Traditionally, there is the man page option for all c functions. The two
commands are man and appropos. Appropos
will  give you a list of man pages containg to requested search value, c
function are usually under group 3 sometimes
with some subgroup (such as 3x), so for printf you'll have to do something like
"man 3 printf" or "man 3x printf". Just
"man printf" will give you the first maching man page, which may or may not be
what you need, depending on the command.
The man pages are probably in the package manpages-dev

Next there is an info reference. It's in the package glibc-doc-reference in
testing and up or glibc-doc in stable (licensing issues
it turned non-free). The package contains both an info and an html reference.
Not sure but you probably should do "info libc".

Last (AFAIK) there is a package called c-cpp-reference which has a reference for
c and c++ functions. It's in
html format and is primarily targeted at kdevelop but can work with a regular
browser.