Re: Can't switch resolution in xorg

Terry Suden wrote:
Hello,

Ever since installing the xorg updates in Sid last week, I can't change
screen resolutions using Ctrl-Alt-'+' and Ctrl-Alt-'-'.

"xvidtune -next" still changes resolutions correctly without complaint.

When I run xev, holding Ctrl and Alt down and hitting '+' or '-' (on the
number pad) does not cause an event. Hitting just Ctrl-'+' or Alt-'-'
does cause an event.

CTRL-Alt-F1 still works to switch to a console.

There is one error line in /var/log/Xorg.0.log:
  (EE) Error loading keymap /var/lib/xkb/server-0.xkm

There are no files at all in /var/lib/xkb. Should there be?

The keyboard section of my xorg.conf says
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "kbd"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc101"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
EndSection

I don't see anyone else complaining about this and can't find anything
in the bug tracker, so I presume my keyboard configuration has become
incorrect somehow, although I haven't intentionally changed it. Any
clues?

Maybe a stupid answer, but I solved the same problem last week by buying a new keyboard. ;-)