Re: Using XINE to play a DVD ISO Image?

On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 02:08 -0700, Scarletdown wrote:
> Is there any way to possibly play a DVD ISO as if it was an actual
> physical DVD using XINE?  I can mount the ISO easy enough.  For my test,
> I did:
>
> mount /workspace/Multimedia/ISO-Images/StarWars-Holiday-Special.iso /shared/ISO/I0 -t iso9660 -o loop, and it mounted okay.  However, when I try to play it in XINE (just clicking on the DVD button), I get this:
>
> libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.9 for DVD access
> libdvdread: Attempting to use
> device /workspace/Multimedia/ISO-Images/StarWars-Holiday-Special.iso
> mounted on /shared/ISO/I0 for CSS authentication
> libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
> libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
> libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.

Hi,

Just a guess... Google gives a few hits for those error messages, one of
them seem to indicate that libdvdcss has trouble playing DVDs with
ISO9660 filesystems (DVDs uses UDF).
http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml/libdvdcss-devel/2006-01/msg00000.html

Try either to remount the image without -t (auto detection usually works
fine) or, if the image actually is ISO9660, try to remaster it with
mkisofs.
http://www.tumfatig.net/docs/11_soft_client/mmedia/mkisofs%20-%20burn%
20a%20DVD-video.html

--