Re: Cannot change hostname permanently

Chris Lale wrote:
I want to change the hostname on my Etch box. I can change the name by editing /etc/hostname
This is the correct way.
or by using the hostname command. All is well until I reboot. During boot, hostname is reset to the value I supplied during installation.

That seems slightly odd to me. I believe some DHCP setups will assign a hostname, but that's not typically standard behavior (and I'm not networking expert). Are you on wireless perhaps? That might throw an extra kink into the process.

Kent West
Westing Peacefully