Re: MOBILE PHONES AT VERY LOW PRICE OFFER. (reporting list spam)

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 00:33:12 -0500
"Seth Goodman" <sethg@GoodmanAssociates.com> wrote:

> My point was that this law, sadly, establishes the principle that
> spamming is legal, as long as you abide by the rules.  There is no

In a way, yes. But it also can be viewed as "these types of spam are
wrong". Drinking is OK, so long as you don't drive while under the
influence, and you don't do it under 21, or you don't let other people
under 21 do it. Alcohol sellers are able to sell it under certain
provisions, but if they sell to minors, the feds'll come over and board
up the business, or at least they should.

> requirement to opt in and they can spam you until you opt out.  I
> believe you are right that most spam violates this law, but what good is

No opt-in requirement is of course a fatal flaw. With verifiable
opt-in of course, it is no longer spam and is now a mailing list.