Re: idsoftware games

Make sure you have alsa-base,alsa-oss,and alsa-utils installed,run alsa-conf too.

On 9/29/06, Alan Ianson <alianson@shaw.ca > wrote:
Hello All,

I am trying to get sound working with quake 3 / doom 3 / RTCW from idsoftware.
I don't have a sound card in this box. I just use whatever it is on the MB
and it has always worked well enough to make me happy.

It looks like I am going to have to get a sound card to get sound working with
these games. Anyone have these games working, can you tell me what king of
sound card you use and if you are happy with it?