Automount replaces auto.master

Hi,

on my Sarge system I want to use automounter (autofs).
After adding the mount points and the config files to /etc/auto.master,
creating the config files ( I tool the existing auto.home and replaced
the corresponding mount point names) for each mount point and restarting
autofs everything works fine. But when I reboot my system, the file
/etc/auto.master is replaced by a default auto.master that merely contains
"/home" as mount point.

Any ideas what tool and why changes /etc/auto.master? And how I can
stop it?

Thank you.

Chris