Re: added RAM, RAM not recognized by debian

Ron Johnson wrote:

Your kernel probably is not configured to recognize more than 1GB.

- --

(Somewhat on topic anyway) - I've just ordered an upgrade for my box - 1 Gb of RAM included and an amd64 processor - will I need to recompile the kernel to get support for all RAM? The debian version I intend to run is the Etch (the file debian-testing-amd64-binary-1.iso downloaded today). I will make a clean install.

/Andreas
andreas.ronnquist@gmail.com