exim4: avoiding "retry time not reached for any host"

Hi,

In /etc/default/exim4, I've set:

QUEUEINTERVAL='5m'

to run the queue every 5 minutes, as I often get temporary errors
(in particular with the network where my machine is currently). But
this is not sufficient, I still get things like that in my logs:

2006-09-28 10:28:35 Start queue run: pid=28274
2006-09-28 10:28:35 1GSr25-0007G4-GM == xxxxxx@xxxxx.xxxx.xxx.xx R=smarthost T=remote_smtp_smarthost defer (-53): retry time not reached for any host
2006-09-28 10:28:35 1GSr25-0007G4-GM == xxxxxxx@xxxx.xx R=smarthost T=remote_smtp_smarthost defer (-53): retry time not reached for any host
2006-09-28 10:28:35 1GSr25-0007G4-GM == xxxx.xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xx <xxxx.xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xx> R=smarthost T=remote_smtp_smarthost defer (-53): retry time not reached for any host
2006-09-28 10:28:35 1GSr25-0007G4-GM == xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx@xxxxx.xx <xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx@xxxxx.xx> R=smarthost T=remote_smtp_smarthost defer (-53): retry time not reached for any host
2006-09-28 10:28:35 1GSr25-0007G4-GM == xxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx R=smarthost T=remote_smtp_smarthost defer (-53): retry time not reached for any host
2006-09-28 10:28:35 End queue run: pid=28274

The exim4 FAQ explains how one can force a delivery manually (with
the -qf option), but I want exim4 to try again every time the queue
is run (my machine doesn't send much mail, but mail is sometimes
urgent, hence this choice). How can I do that?

TIA,