Re: mail recive and send

At 1159375969 past the epoch, S. M. Ibrahim (Lavlu) wrote:
> i want to recive and send my mail from my debian terminal
> (without using any mail client).

How will you read the mail?

> i want to say that, exim4 or something like this will
> recive   the mails of my gmail account

You need a seperate piece of software to fetch the mail from
gmail via the POP3 protocol. Fetchmail or, ideally,
retchmail.

> so that i can get the mail on my localmail box.  More over
> want to send mail from bash using "mail
> someone@domain.com"  with my gmail.com account.

You need to configure exim4 so that

* you have a smarthost to send mail via (your ISP perhaps)
* you can do per-user address rewriting

The latter might be supported without any exim4 config,
either by adding yourself to /etc/email-addresses, or
configuring your MUA (such as mutt) to add an explicit From:
header. The latter is probably best.

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/