Re: Rss solution

On 9/26/06, T <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi

I'm currently view rss feeds by thunderbird, but I'm wondering if there is
better solutions out there, because thunderbird can't

- auto/manual rss feed updates
- able to handle/filter duplicates

All in all, please recommend a total rss update/reading solution.

I suggest you snownews. snownews is a powerful CLI RSS reader with
ncurses interface, you can automatically update your feed or
scheduling it via crontab (and surely manually). It's stable, quick,
portable and available on official Debian repository since Sarge. In
your $HOME you can find .snownews directory, with cache of your feed.
Nothing prohibits you use that cache with your favourite GUI RSS
reader.

Bye.

--
Openclose.it - Idee per il software libero
http://www.openclose.it