Re: fonts messed up

David Baron wrote:
On Monday 25 September 2006 18:33, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
The problem shows up again:

and this time the solution of reverting does not work for me (by
reverting to version xserver-xorg-core_2:1.0.2-10_i386.deb, X simply
does not start) :-(

anyone else experienced this problem?

When I had that ABI problem, reversion in and of itself did not get the fonts back. Installation of an updated xbase package fixed it (refer to my postings on this).

you mean xbase-clients?

but that's already the newest version...

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Florence - Italy        (GNU/Linux User # 158233)  |
|  Home Page        : http://www.lorenzobettini.it    |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://www.purplesucker.com Deep Purple Cover Band |
|  http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite           |