Re: newsreader for Debian unstable with cross-posting/filtering controls

Arthur Marsh wrote:
Hi, I read newsgroups from my ISP's nntp server and from news.gmane.org.

Many of the spam messages coming from news.gmane.org have a cross-post to gmane.spam.detected.

What newsreader packages are available in Debian unstable that have the ability to filter (even if only mark as read) messages that can be identified as spam by such a cross-post or by header/body contents?

As far as I can tell, Thunderbird (which I currently use) does not have this capability nor will it soon. I don't want to go quite as primitive as tin, so I'm trying knews for now.

Pan can count cross-posts, though not filter on many headers. It seems
to be under active development i.e. frequently updated in Sid and does
crash now and then. Seems a bit more stable over the last week or two.