Re: Program to draw chess boards

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 05:01:00AM +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> [Sorry about the late post]
>
> On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 12:45:58PM +0200, Paolo Pantaleo wrote:
> > [Maybe a little offtopic]
> >
> > I need to draw some chess boards, starting let's say from the FEN
> > description of the board, in an automatic way (something like a
> > script, good for automating the drawing of many boards). Is there any
> > program that do that?
> >
> > Thnx
> > PAolo
>
> If you find/found anything better that tex-{chess|skak} then could you
> please advise.
>
> --
> Chris.
> ======
Hi Paolo,
tex maybe one way. If I had the inclination, I think I'd do this:
create a subroutine to read FEN descriptions
create a subroutine to convert that object to x,y notation
create a subroutine to create a chessboard with SVG
create a subroutine to place the pieces on the board with SVG
then maybe add an option to covert it to png if needed.
cheers,
Kev