Re: error inserting genrtc

On 09/23/2006 03:42 PM, ciol wrote:
Hi,

I have got the following message on boot :

"""
modprobe : WARNING: Error inserting genrtc ( /lib/modules/2.6.8-2-386/kernel/drivers/char/genrtc.ko ) : Device or resource busy
generic RTC driver v1.07
"""

I have searched on the Internet, some people get the same message but I did not found any solution or explanation. Is it a serious problem ? (Everything seems to work fine, and my clock too) Should I resolve it and how ?

Maybe you could help me.

Thank you.

Perhaps another real time clock driver has taken control of the clock.

Do a "lsmod | grep rtc" to see if that's the case.

--
paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net