Re: apt-build

On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 10:58:31PM +0600, S. M. Ibrahim (Lavlu) wrote:
> any body here using apt-build ??
> i am interested to use it to get optimized package for my em64t (i don't
> like amd64 unoffical )

Well, em64t is just Intel's name for amd64.  It is their way of trying
to avoid losing face in the market place for not being first with it.
Second, the vast majority of things you do with your computer are I/O
bound.  Unless you are doing things like CFD or perhaps setting up a
compile farm, your time is better spent elsewhere, otherwise you are
spending your effort to make your computer wait a few percentage points
faster than it did before.

Regards,

-Roberto

--