Re: WTF is binding "Control-O" key in Gnome apps?

On 09/21/2006 08:13 PM, Miles Bader wrote:
Starting sometime in the past year or so, Gnome apps on my machine have
begun to treat Control-O (that's "oh", not zero) as meaning "toggle
input method", i.e., the same thing that Shift-Space normally does.

In some apps it doesn't matter, but somtimes this binding is insanely
annoying, especially in gnome-terminal -- it prevents apps running in
the terminal from using Control-O!!!

Can someone tell me where this binding is getting made, and how I can
disable it (and then send a bug report that it's a Stupid Binding Which
Unnecessarily Interferes With Normal Usage)?

[I don't know that it's Gnome doing the binding, but it seems to only hbe
in Gnome apps, so ...]

Thanks,

-Miles

You can remap keys using xmodmap if you have to, but it might be your keyboard layout that needs fixing. When I type "grep XkbLayout /etc/X11/XF86Config-4" it says "us." Since you are using Xorg, your configuration file is probably differently named.

--
paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net