Image version: <debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso On Friday Sep 15.>

Date: <Saturday September 16, 2006>

Machine: <Intel: D975XBX mother board>

Processor: E6400

Memory: 2GB DDR

Partitions: <SATA 300GB Harddrive ext3>

Output of lspci and lspci -n:

Base System Installation Checklist:

[E] = Error [ ] could not complete installation.

Initial boot worked:    [X]

Configure network HW:   [X]

Config network:         [X]

Detect CD:              [X]

Load installer modules: [X]

Detect hard drives:     [X]

Partition hard drives:  [ext3]

Create file systems:    [X]

Mount partitions:       [X]

Install base system:    [X]

Install boot loader:    [Failed]

Reboot:                 [Failed]

Comments/Problems:

Installation detected my LAN card and started installing base system from internet connection.  Presented with the option to install LAN, Mail, MYSQL …  Received error installing the application. Retried installing LAN, Mail, MYSQL … multiple times which seems to resolve existing system.

Next step was to install boot loader which failed. Was not able to install boot loader. There are no other OS installed on my system.

I have problem with Sarge version installation detecting my LAN card on Intel D975XBXM motherboard.

Not sure what your policy is for responding to email but would appreciate any help with installation.

Thanks.