Re: Mouse Problems with KVM Switch

The solutions I have found:
1. remove and reinsert the mouse
2. replace with other KVM switch
3. if you have two monitors, use synergy software
4. lastly stay with windows as you have pointed put below

HTH,
-ishwar

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006, aladdin wrote:

Has anyone found a solution (besides a capacitor connected
across the mouse leads) to the problem of the mouse going
bonkers when you switch a KVM between windows and linux?

I've read a lot of the archives where certain mice/KVMs exhibit
this problem and my mouse/KVM does it.  No problem switching
to windoze, but switching back messes it up.  There is a hardware
fix (mentioned above), but there must be something software can
do, too, since windows doesn't have the problem.

Actually, I think this is the only problem I've found in linux that
windows doesn't have.

TIA