Re: Recommend a file manager

On 09/21/2006 09:55 AM, T wrote:
Hi

Please recommend a file manager. I need a good one to make my wife happy. We used to settle with the the file manager that comes default with Gnome, but now that one can't rename files any more (it actually can initially, but stop responding to keyboard very soon).

please help

thanks

I like both nautilus and the konqueror. You say nautilus (the Gnome file manager) doesn't respond to the keyboard. Perhaps that is the problem to fix.

You don't say what version of nautilus or what version of Gnome is involved. What distro are you using?

In Sarge it should work; in Etch it should work, and in Sid it should probably work ;-)

--
paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net