Re: mplayer encounts premission problem of directfb

Jeff Zhang wrote:
thanks :)

I have installed the package, but it seems that it doesn't work if just
change permission of tty0. I have to find out other related devices
first then to make it working.
If you read the docs, it says how to get the package to actually "work". Here's what /usr/share/doc/libpam-devperm/README.Debian says:

Quick instructions:

Add a line such as
session  required  pam_devperm.so
to the service you like to use it with.

Edit /etc/logindevperm and setup the devices you want permissions and
ownership to change for.

If you're using pam_devperm with login make sure to enable CLOSE_SESSIONS in
your /etc/login.defs, else your permissions won't be restored on logout.

What I did was:
1) edit the /etc/logindevperm to my liking ('man logindevperm' to see how you can also). 2)Added a line that read 'session required pam_devperm.so' to my /etc/pam.d/gdm file (I wanted the devices set up for users that logged in through gdm, the Gnome Display Manager).

If you want it to work at the console, I believe the 'session required pam_devperm.so' line needs to be in /etc/pam.d/login instead. But follow instructions from docs above! :-)

I hope this helps.

--
Sincerely
Jose Alburquerque