Re: Degraded i810/i915 Rendering Performance After Xorg 7 Upgrade

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 09:34:31AM -0400, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> Your xorg.conf looks much like mine, and I've been having generally
> similar problems. Are you actually getting direct rendering? On my machine
> (same Intel chip), I get:
>
> direct rendering: No
>

> from glxinfo.

	Yes, 'glxinfo' reports direct rendering is working, and all the GL
apps and screensavers run as well as they did before.  But some of the
"ordinary" screensavers are slower.  In particular, "FontGlide" and
"FiberLamp" have taken a big hit.

					Schwab