Re: text/Fonts missing in certain apps ???

On 09/20/2006 04:48 PM, anthony wrote:
On 9/19/06, Mumia W. <mumia.w.18.spam+nospam@earthlink.net> wrote:

On 09/18/2006 06:46 PM, anthony wrote:
> hi Liam,
>
> yeah, loads - here's the entries from     /var/log/Xorg.0.log   :
>
> (WW) `fonts.dir' not found (or not valid) in "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc".
>        Entry deleted from font path.
>        (Run 'mkfontdir' on "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc").
> [...]

Is xfonts-base installed?

Run "aptitude search '~ixfonts-base'"

Note, I'm a Sarge user, so I don't have any experience with XOrg, only
XFree86.

yep its installed

Try "dpkg-reconfigure xfonts-base"

If that doesn't work, run 'mkfontdir /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc. In fact, you should probably run mkfontdir for all of the font directories that give you those (WW) warnings in the Xorg.log file.

Some programs use fontconfig. You can rebuild the fontconfig cache files by issuing "fc-cache -s -v -f" as root.

--
paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net