Re: Spanish Lesson Program?

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| On Wednesday, Sep 20, 2006 at 07:10:54AM -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:
|
| To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
| Cc: "Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@connexer.com>
| From: "Thomas H. George" <tom@tomgeorge.info>
| Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 07:10:54 -0400
| Subject: Re: Spanish Lesson Program?
|
| On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 09:07:05PM -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
| > On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 08:48:24PM -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:
| > > Are there any good Spanish Lesson Programs that run on linux?  I can
| > > shutdown and reboot to Windows but I hate to do it.
| > >

| > Not sure what your requirements are, but have you considered latrine?
| >
| > Regards,
| >
| > -Roberto
| >
| I want to learn to speak and converse in Spanish.  I would happily pay
| for one of the commercial programs which include in addition to lessons
| an ability to analyze sound tracks and correct pronunciation.  I just
| don't want to have to continually switch back and forth between Debian
| and that other operating system.

Rosetta Stone is pretty much it for those requirements, and yes it is a
Windows program... and it isn't cheap. It is very good though, well worth
the price. As much as I would like there to be something like it for Linux
or UNIX, there just isn't anything at the moment.

It ran in wine though, just very very slowly.

Wish you luck,
Chris