Re: Disneys

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:19:25 -0400, "Roberto C. Sanchez"
<roberto@connexer.com> wrote:

>> Why is someone sending random text to the list?

>It is an effort to screw up spam filters that people train.  They
>spammers figure that if they send enough random gibberish, your spam
>filter will overlook the semi-coherent real spam.

Content filtering is a treadmill.  You sweat, but don't go anywhere.

Origin filtering is better.  I reject all connections lacking proper
DNS.  It stops 60% + of all spam at SMTP time, and it's the basis for
other checks based on knowing a valid hostname.