Re: Webcam users with debian

Dimitri Chausson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use a Webcam with debian. Have been looking for documentation yesterday. I found the howto and some user reports very useful. However, going to the store, I noticed that there is a plenty of different models who are not reported to work and the report are about older models.
> Moreover, it is difficult to see which chipset is used by which Webcam. I am looking for a model having a 640x480 sensor and able to transfer at 30 fr/s.
> Maybe some of you can report such models working correctly, I would greatly benefit from your experience,

Or you could always try one of these:

http://www.axis.com/products/cam_207/index.htm

I have installed (and played with for weeks before) a 206M camera
and it absolutely rocks.

These cameras are completely standalone and the 207 has even had
MPEG video and sound. :-D

Hope this helps,

--
George Borisov