Re: eth0 (Realtek 8139) suddenly not working

Derek schrieb am Sonntag, 17. September 2006 21:21:
> I had this problem on my powermac,

And it worked before, too? Maybe, one should file a bug on this ...

> I ended up just compiling my own kernel
> without any of the eth1394 stuff.

Hmm, this will be difficult to do since currently, the kernel sources aren't
installed and we have to do that without an internet connection. To do it
in one run: Which dependencies are necessary for this?

And, of course: Are there any other chances to make networking work again?

Thanks,
Peter