Re: Re: problems with / on LVM/RAID1

> > Using mkinitramfs-kpkg to build the ramdisk.
> > I: mdadm: RAID support installed to mount all RAID arrays during boot.
> > I: mdadm: use `dpkg-reconfigure -plow mdadm` to change this.

> Don't you need to bring up raid and lvm in the initramfs rather than
> in the boot sequence?

Yes, sure. The message just says that the raid support is included in the initial ramdisk ("during boot" might be misleading ...).

Meanwhile I found out that everything is fine if I compile 2.6.16-18 myself. On the other, the same errors occurs with a self-compiled 2.6.17-8. (I just copied the config file from the linux-image package.)

So it works with 2.6.16 but not with 2.6.17. Should I file a bug on linux-source or initramfs-tools?

Regards,
  Joachim