Strange connection attempts

Hi folks,

I've got a little bit of a problem with my main server that has been driving me to distraction. Something is constantly trying to make a connection to an external IP address using the internal interface. The firewall is fairly tightly set up so I get log messages about these attempts such as the one below:

Sep 15 10:54:39 compost kernel: Output: IN= OUT=eth1 SRC=192.168.0.1 DST=224.0.0.251 LEN=74 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=255 ID=1 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=56190 DPT=5353 LEN=54

I have tried and tried to find out what is making these connection attempts but to no avail. I wouldn't mind so much but I get thousands of attempts a day showing up in the log files and I dislike not knowing whats causing them.

Can anyone shed any light on this form me?

Many thanks,

Graham