Re: intel imacs

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 07:16:51PM -0500, Greg Harris wrote:

> Is there a port of Debian to the new intel imacs?  will i386 Debian work?
>
> Currently I run PPC Debian on my (old) Mac Cube.
>
> Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere on your website.  I looked and didn't
> see anything.
Hi Greg,
there is support in the works, it may be on wiki.debian.org. One of the
issues is the new boot loader efi or somesuch and attempts to block the
use of un-authorized OS's on apple's part. At present IIRC you can look
for general gnu.linux support by googling 'linux intel mac' or similar.
cheers,
Kev.