Re: getting nforce4 NIC to work with forcedeth driver.

Ragu apologies for the off list communication, redirected to list.

Raghavendra Bhat wrote:
Ramesh wrote:

wondering if things have changed and I should try getting new image.
Or something is specifically wrong with my MB that prevents forcedeth
to work properly

Possibly you  can try  out compiling the  2.6.17.13 kernel with  the NIC
driver built-in.   Pulling in  the netinst iso  may not help,  a similar
situation here with the via sata drivers for my asus mobo.

I had a similar problem with my ASUS motherboard and kernel 2.6.8 off
the netinstall disk.  The solution was to pass the kernel a
'skip-timer-override' option or some such at boot (google this phrase if
needed).  Newer kernels do this automatically if nForce 4 chipsets are
detected so an upgrade to a newer kernel should work.

HTH

Wackojacko