Re: Mouse Problem with kernel 2.6.x

On 9/14/06, Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk> wrote:
On 12.09.06 20:25, ferrangu z wrote:
> Got a strange Problem. The lights of my optical mouse just shuts of while
> just booting into kernel 2.6.x, and it stops working.
>
> The mouse works fine in 2.4.x kernels.

is it USB mouse? Do (and did) you use debian kernels?
Do you use hotplug, do you have "mousedev" module in /etc/modules?
Do you have anything related to "mousedev" in /etc/modules.conf ?

The mouse support has changed in 2.6 - /dev/input/mice is now the same as
/dev/psaux (the latter is legacy device), "psmouse" module pushes mouse
events do "mice"...

modules configs have changed too, maybe you had something set up you don't
have now...

No its not a usb mouse its ps2 ...
 Well now presently got a 2.4.26 and obviously mouse works fine..
  The problem of mouse shutting off is while booting into any distro using 2.6.x kernel.

Its not only debian kernel thats facing this prob.. even downloaded vanilla kernel and tried it.. still
  no sucess..

Well modprobing mousedev and lil bit of tweaking solves the prob.. but don know how to do
  it in live distros using 2.6.x's .