Re: debian testing with 2.6 and cdrecord

I just un-installed cdrecord and installed dvd+rw-tools which seam to have an intense commands, so I am still reading the man pages here to copy some files from my home dir to the dvdrw in /media/cdrom1.

KS <lists04@fastmail.fm> wrote:
Fred J. wrote:
> Hi
> I need to use my dvd-rw to backup some data, so before installing
> cdrecord, I googled and found
> http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/cdrecord.html
> where it says
> [
> Warning: do not use Debian binaries as they include many Debian
> specific bugs and still do not run correctly on Linux-2.6
> ]

After reading that page, have a look at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/09/msg00002.html

cdrtools has been forked into cdrkit. The cdrecord from berlios.de i.e.
from Joerg is not in Debian repositories now.

HTH
/KS