Re: alsa troubles

Albert Dengg wrote:

Hi

on one of my machines i have some troubles with alsa.

the system has 2 soundcard, one onboard via card (which is disabled in
the bios but for some reason shows up in lspci nevertheless), and a
creative sb live 1024 running with the emu10k1 driver.

now, for some reason sometimes upon system startup, the onboard card is
initilized as the first card instead of the emu10k1.

the system is:
MB asus a7v600-x
kernel 2.6.17.13
and packages aside from a few execptions ( module-init-tools, udev, ...
from backports) debian sarge (including alsa userland components).

does anybody have and idea how to fix that issue since it is anoying
when my mother calls me every few days and i have to re-run alsaconf...

What do you have in /etc/modprobe.d/sound?
I have:

alias snd-card-0 snd-via82xx
options snd-via82xx index=0
alias snd-card-1 snd_ca0106
options snd_ca0106 index=1

and they always come up in that way.

First is the onboard VIA, second is the PCI sb live.