Re: Crashed: Booting not complete.

H S Rai wrote:
Due to UPS problem (as it looks), Debain loaded PC crashed. It's booting process is not completeing.It starts and complaint as:

Starting Munin-node: Could not open log file /var/log/munin/munin-node.log

Checking for crashed MySQL tables in the background.

Starting openGroupware.org server instance:/etc/rc2.d/S20 opengroupware.org: line 59: 2242 segmantation fault,

and then it hangs, not proceeding further.

Please help me to recover it. How to skip applications causing trouble, booting in a minimum way, and then how to make it functional.

Thanks in advance.

Try to boot into runlevel 1. If you use LILO, you would probably press <SHIFT> to get a boot prompt, then you'd type the name of the kernel image and 1 behind it, like so:

linux 1

I've never needed to do this with GRUB, so I don't know how :-)
But I'm more than sure that GRUB lets you append to the kernel boot command line.

Runlevel 1 is the system maintenance runlevel--no big applications are started.

--
Mumia W.
paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net